Which Bariatric Surgery Is Right for Me
The question of Which Bariatric Surgery Is Right for Me is the issue that obesity patients considering weight loss surgery should consider at the first stage.
Operations performed for obesity are operations that restrict eating. In addition, some of them are surgeries that, in addition to restricting eating, also impair absorption from the digestive tract, thus preventing weight gain and promoting weight loss. Regardless of any form of surgery, obesity surgeries are often performed laparoscopically, that is, with a closed method. In laparoscopy, three or four holes are entered into the abdomen and surgery is performed with long instruments. With this method, the return to life and work after surgery is faster. Postoperative pain is less, and the risk of complications is also lower. These surgeries have also started to be performed with robots in recent years.
Is Weight Losss Surgery For Me
One of the most important criteria in bariatric surgery is the body mass index. It is suitable for people with a body mass index of 40 and above, as well as people with a Decency of 35-40. The treatment method, on the other hand, is determined by many different factors.
Treatment methods in obesity surgery is determined by;
- Patient or surgeon preference
- Appropriate form of post-treatment care
- The risk posed by the patient
- Permanent anatomical changes.After considering these, the points that should be considered for suitability for surgery among people applying for surgery are as follows;
- Those aged by 18-65
- Those with a body mass index above 40
- Those with a body mass index between 35-40 and in addition those with concomitant diseases related to weight (hypertension, diabetes, sleep apnea syndrome, heart failure, etc.)
- Those who have tried and failed other treatment methods to lose weight
- Those who are able to handle surgery and anesthesia
- Patients with a body mass index between 30-35 and Type-2 Diabetes
- If you are wondering whether you are suitable for stomach reduction operations or not, you can visit EstheticFly; to meet with our expert medical team to determine the most appropriate obesity treatment method for you.